Tuesday, July 7, 2009

KuzTunes pick 6: Ojos de Brujo

Ok, ok, I know, I haven't kept my promise and updated this every Wednesday, BUT I'm gonna throw Somethign new at you guys right now, then probably again tonight or tomorrow morning.

So, today, I'm coming at you guys with a modern Spanish Flamenco band. They're a nine-piece band from Barcelona, and they consider themselves to be "jip-jop flamenco." (remember, the 'j' makes an 'h' sound!) The name means "Eyes of the Sorcerer" in English, which is pretty damn bad-ass.

These tunes really do melt a little big of classic Spanish flamenco with a cool hip hop vibe: interweaving traditional flamenco guitar, polished vocals, maracas and turn tables.

This track has a little bit of hip-hop influince and a lot of flamenco guitar. Might not be for everyone, but I figured I would class up this blog a bit with some world music.

So here's "Calé Barí" by Ojos de Brujo off the album 'Barí'

0 comments:

Post a Comment