Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dave Grolh, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones Supergroup


You read that right, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones are right now, as I type this, recording a new album in LA. There have been rumors of this union since about 2005 when Grolh said that his next side project would include him working on drums, and you guessed it: thats what he's doing.

Josh Homme's wife, Brody Dalle, has provided the only real insight to the new band:
"I'm not at liberty to talk about it but I think the project is pretty f**king amazing. Just beats and sounds like you've never heard before."

This new 'supergroup' may be riding slightly on the heels of Chickenfoot (Satriani, Haggar, Smith, Anthony) but I think they will have a different sound. Granted, I have no idea what that sound will be, but with three legendary rockers such as themselves, I can only imagine some sort of fusion of Foo Fighters energetic pop-rock mixed with the awesome, smooth vocals of Homme.

I'll look forward to hearing this. I have always really loved Dave Grohl on drums, and I think he and JPJ will create a great foundation for Homme to build on top of. Look for something to show up late this summer or early fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment