Wednesday, June 3, 2009

KuzTunes pick 3: Gomez

This week, I chose an indie band from across the pond, Gomez. I'm usually not an indie fan, but these guys seem to really appeal to me. Guitarist and lead singer Ian Ball has a wonderfully subtle croon to his voice that really complements the music.

I guess the best explanation for them would be "slightly more cheery, poppy, Radiohead." Some of their songs, like 'See the World" lend to more Thom-like vocals.

RIYL: Radiohead, Counting Crows, Wilco

Heres the song that caught my attention first, its called :"Airstream Driver

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff so far Kuz, I hadn't listened to anything Indie like before and it's not that bad! (but my favorite has been The Sound of Animals Fighting thus far) Anyways, keep it up man I love the weekly music as a substitue for for "haning out"

Kuz929 said...

you got it Darsch. I have one coming up next week that I thought you, specifically, would really like. keep en eye out haha

Anonymous said...

Cool, can't wait. Starting to let my friends back home in on this so you'll get more readers hopefully!

Kuz929 said...

Nice! Thanks! I'll take whatever I can get haha

Post a Comment